Jan 1, 2010

TnDC Field Trip #13 cont'd

A win in the rain, then in the cold. After sitting through 4&1/2 hours of grinding back and forth great football, Tigers win. Then on to dinner. We returned to Ybor, after going to the Hard Rock Seminole to pick up a tee for Merry, then iPhoned it to the public parking deck because I got a ticket for parking in front of someone's residence without a permit, not my damn fault they live downtown and the sign was at the end of the street not to park there. We went to the second tier of Centro Plaza and there was a sign that said 2-for-1 drafts and it was a hamburger place!! Sweet, so we went in and the hostess and waiters were friendly to me, we looked at the menu and it had great sounding burgers, Gerald P. was in for the Grand Opening from West Hollywood where another big location was and hooked us up with a great "Mo' for Merry and all the draft I wanted. And as we perused the menu, looked at the clientele and realized even the bar was painted pink (not Red), it hit me. Hamburger Mary's wasn't your average burger joint that had a great beer deal, the beer deal was to pull in curly haired guys like me, after all my "friend" paid for dinner. Yeah, well those close to me I'll tell the details to, needless to say if I'm ever in West Hollywood I'm supposed to look our waiter up, but damn it was a great burger and beer. After this we skipped to one of a plethora of cigar bars and picked a few for the ride home. Will try my handrolls next weekend after long work.