Dec 11, 2014

Our Tastes-- Side Project #23 Guano Loco

Side Project #23 from Terrapin was a donation from Junk. The label is spectacular and I may have mentally hyped this beer up more than it needed. Pouring a medium brown with slight red hue in sunlight through the pint glass had me salivating. Nose of sweet chili is upfront and accounted for. But the chili pepper is overly warming for me with regards to the capsaicin in the back of the throat as I waited...and waited for the "brownie" part of this brew to show, to no avail. This concoction has 2-row pale, Victory, special Roast, Crystal 65, Crystal 85, Brown Malt, Chocolate Malt with Super Galena and US Goldings hops. It has the, "I just ate at Taco Bell" feel for me. And one thing's for sure, if there was a chocolate brownie in here the chili peppers ate it and left the 8.6%abv hanging out. I've got the label and the memories for this one.