May 31, 2017

Brew Batch #80 Jake's Juice (AG#2)

Into the keg with both strains tonight. 2565 came n at 1.002+0.002 @75F to yield 6.43%, 1010 came in at 1.004+0.002 @75F to yield 6.3%. Color is identical, nose is relatively the same on both. I am somewhat worried about a phenolic tone but my taste may be off and of course the swill was 75F. The one noticeable character from the AG batches is that I have better efficiency with attenuation being roughly the same, so I need to back off the grain bill (dropping the honey isn't an option, because it's part of the ever changing process of the beer). Having a kölsch at >6% is not an option for me. Plus lower grain bills mean lower costs, even if minuscule it all adds up over time. I'll keep you posted on "bandaid" notes and whether or not I give it to Jake, but this one WILL be brewed again post Seibel.