May 25, 2017

Our Tastes-- Barista Brew

It's no secret that BlackStone beer holds a special place in my...belly! And as summer closes in on us I lean towards lighter, more wheat bodied beer but, every now and then I crave the darkness like a "needlehead" (sorry heroin addicts, or in my case all the cats, dogs, and grandmas that have diabetes). This one was almost excellence. Pouring exactly what you see above, there's no need for a descriptive of head and color. Nose was of a malty sweetness and the taste was divine, especially before noon. Barista Brew is an 8.1% black coffee stout, that actually comes over sweet for those afraid of coffee. It's "twin" so to speak Mocha Stout, I'll be having later. A smooth swill all the way through with a noticeable Frothy Monkey, cold pressed infusion. A great eye opener.