Jan 5, 2006

Tonight....

I was booted from my brew apprentice's dorm room in a reluctant manner at Harper dormitory tonight. I'll have to say it was great being in an empty dorm with access to the ladies room (yep I left the seat up). Tejas beat the crap out of my Sooners this year but it was worth it to watch them humble USC on the big screen at Junk's bump palace. Junk treated me to some Yazoo Sly Rye Porter (pics to be posted at a later date) that he picked up in a Growler while in TN. I'll have to admit when he said he liked it (he doesn't currently like too much that you can't see through), I thought it was going to be a bit weak. It was awesome with a great hint of scotch in the aftertaste. Yazoo is a new brewery in Nashville that Junk turned me onto and bootlegs samples back for me. They use Maris Otter malts from England that are also used in single-malt scotch.Here are the stats on Sly Rye-- OG: 14.40 Plato FG: 3.8 Plato IBUs: 28 SRM: 29 5.7% abv

PONTIAC baby!
PS- Right now I am standing at the laptop with a smack pack warming between my legs for #15;)