Feb 3, 2007

Our Tastes-- BareKnuckle Stout

BugMan1109 dropped a dime on me about a new beer put out by A-B called BareKnuckle Stout. So last night just before going to meet some friends I checked out the only place within 100 miles of me that has it, the Kaffee Klatch. Yeah I know it sounds like an STD, but the trip was well worth it. Oelfeekee- Rocket City chapter (formerly AU chapter still High Springs subchapter) and I met down there and grabbed a pint. This beer is awesome considering it is extremely mass produced. Probably one of the best stouts I have ever had. Even a non-stouty drinker (frankie jay chicken hater) would like this brew. It of course had the usually neat rolling upward of the bubbles, probably due to the nitrogen and the head was 1/2" thick. Aroma was slight at best but that may have been because the Klatch was so smokey you could have cut a doughnut out of the air. The taste was only slight coffee, cool but not cold and the best part was the lattice. This stuff left a smooth white foamy lattice with every sip and by the time I got to the bottom there was a last sip of chewable foam! It looked as though the pint had been painted on the inside. Obviously, it doesn't take much to entertain me and at only 4.2%abv I'll be sneaking back for more.