Feb 22, 2007

Quittin' Pharmacy School (not)

But after today's big haul, I'm certainly thinking about it. Ok so these fisherman caught this squid by accident hauling in some Patagonian toothfish off the coast of Antarctica, big deal. Well to put this example of the Mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni species into proper perspective it weighs approx. 990 lbs, is 39 feet long and could swallow a man's head whole no problem through its beak. All I'm saying is that on the weekends I was a "doctor" to the little girl that lived at the corner, but throughout the week I was the consummate motorcyle-riding policeman/fighter pilot/marine biologist. I'd go back to school (again) if I knew I'd catch one of these things, but here's the real question.... considering calamari rings come from the trunk and this one would have appetizers the size of tractor tires....(wait for it).... how much beer would it take to batter this bad boy?