Oct 7, 2007

Our Tastes-- Thunderhead IPA


This a beer I picked up a few months ago and I'll admit I haven't had too many IPAs this summer other than Jamie's new one at MPB (Montgomery BrewPub). Man, did I miss out!! Made by Pyramid Brewing Company Thunderhead IPA has a foam that hangs onto the glass like rubbing cotton on a 2 day old beard! This stuff is nice. And once again I realized that I hadn't had any good IPAs since the conservatives pulled all the SW420 IPA out of the state because it had 6.5%abv (even though it had been here for at elast 4 years not to mention on draft in Auburn for no less than 3!!) However the color and awesome aroma jacks my olfactory receptor cells around like a stepchild. And we all know 50% of your taste is the perception of smell. Made with great light grains and a single hop I've never heard of Tomahawk. At 6.7%abv tread lightly, lest ye be scalped;)