Dec 10, 2008

Quick Update

Still brewing tomorrow, in the middle of the monsoon that is impending. I've started using Blue Ridge Mountain water or Glacial Falls because I can get 5 gallons of it at Publix for less than $2. I'm thinking of opening the blog for comments or email allowance, only problem is comments can be tricky to moderate. Orangeandbrew.com is slowly being built along with another brewing website, even started looking at some CafePress stuff. Hell, if Mike Rowe can do it with Dirty Jobs I can at least play with some ideas. Never announced the movage of other chapters, of course I'm heading up the Montgomery chapter now, Junk is our nomadic chapter (he's waiting to settle) and Red (denoted here in pink) has moved lakeside outside of Nashville and moonlights as a malt masher at BlackStone Brewery , no more Port City chapter for those guys. Oh, and as of February 2009 the Olde Auburn Alehouse will have it's brew equipment pulled and very well cease to exist. Junk and I spent many a Wednesday or Thursday night there across from Virgil Starks at the bar, if they buried him in a fermenter he's rolling over in the trub hopefully with his mug club stein in hand.