Oct 13, 2009

Our Tastes-- Yazoo Hop Project #19

Some of Hop Project #19 stuff made it down to Alabama where I was able to pick it up at Whole Foods in B'ham, which also has a consume on site license (right now) thanks to the new legislation that was passed. In other words I could have a bought a bottle of this stuff at the front register then gone and sat down at a booth and enjoyed my libation! Anyway, Linus has been making this batch for at least 2 years if not a little longer. I remember when Junk told me about this line of beers when he was going through an extreme "hop head" phase. The aroma on this beer is what is truly amazing to me. Trying it has inspired me to brew nothing but pale ale batches or IPA batches and change nothing but the hop additions, much like the 42-A series. It pours a wonderful creamy light tan head with an explosion of floral pine for the nose. Color is a reddish medium brown. Taste is so hop complex I honestly don't know where to start. There is a lingering specific bitterness that is a big hop! No mention on abv but we couldn't get it until the law passed so >6%abv.