Jun 19, 2017

Our Tastes-- BOMB!

Prairie Artisan Ales (and Junk) made this BOMB! taster possible. With a 100 on ratebeer and 99 on beeradvocate, I was more than happy to bend my light streak with this "Junker". Obviously if you've heard of BOMB! you know it's an imperial stout at 13%abv with an ability to bend light it's so dark. What I wasn't aware of was the creamy tan head and complex aroma that would pour into my tulip. I got an initial taste of chocolatey peanut butter followed by coffee, but not a bitter overly roasted bean but a smooth light roast that was intertwined in a full body of heavily laden alcohol. The cacao nibs were there as was a touch of vanilla, but whatever heat the ancho peppers were trying to contribute was drown out by the EtOH. I love beers like this that cause a memory to imprint while drinking them. Bravo Tulsa, OK.