Jun 7, 2017

Our Tastes-- Very Hazy


A DIPA from Treehouse, and currently unlisted on their website. I can only assume it's a kicked up version of Haze. The photo says it all. This style of beer is why I am currently attending Seibel. A new style of IPA that's gaining ground quickly. I haven't been this fond of a beer style since 2010 when Dark IPAs debuted in the BJCP categories as Deschutes Cascadian IPA was the first of it's kind I had. This falls into the 2015 version of Specialty IPA and in common circles has the denotation of NEIPA (New England-style IPA). The tropical aroma is only matched by the pineapple, orange, papaya that grabs a handful of the tongue. I can only imagine wheat and Citra play a big role in this beer, and the smoothness of the 8.6%abv rivals that of Pliny, but on the diaphanous spectrum we're all used to. Thank you Andy, thank you Treehouse for the non-retail distribution of "Tropical earthquake"