Aug 3, 2006

Our Tastes-- Olde Towne Bock

Holy schinikee!! This is the 5th different brew I have tried from my local microbrewery and this is the best bock I have ever had. Olde Towne apparently also makes a porter and pumpkin ale as well and early reports of phasing the Extra Pale Ale out seem to have been a red herring. It has an awesome change in the label color to dark red for the banner and bowler hat. I was expecting it to be a bit more dark in color but it is actually a soft golden brown. It has to be a Helles or Mai because it is way too light to be a Dunkel or Double bock. Check this out: bock for a brief overview of all of the different kinds of bock out there. There is only a slight sweet cinnamon aroma that I can tell and next to no head at all, but remember higher gravity beers typically don't have a lot of head.