Feb 26, 2006

Our Tastes-- Gonzo Imperial Porter


Gonzo is one of my last victims. Allow me to walk you through the full tasting process. As I poured it equates to liquid shark eyes, “Lifeless doll’s eyes right before they roll over white before biting into you” as Quinn would say. The brown head is 3rd only to Guinness draught from tap at Pippen’s in Chi-Town (#2) and Reinke’s Redemption (#1). The most beautiful dark brunette you could put in your mouth that wasn’t a woman. The aroma was like any other porter...SQUARED!! The taste would be that of a small brush fire in your mouth it came away so smokey. As I enjoy a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Perfecto cigar, it melds with the flavor. When I spat, it is as though Red Man Original Blend is tucked away in my buccal, there again oddly a wonderful brown. Do I like it? I only wish Hunter S. Thompson and Ralph Steadman were here to draw wildly for me as we all enjoyed several pints together. Buy it now if you can find and share with good friends. If I were a dog, right now I’d be a chow (ggrrrr bitches and strays, touch not my Gonzo Imperial Porter). Get the full story here