Feb 5, 2006

Our Tastes-- Old Scratch Amber Lager (Gold Scratch)


Old Scratch Amber is where the IBU goes back down and the malt kicks up. This is another one of my favorites from the litter. It has a great amber color and sweet head to it. I really like the grain variation on this recipe too. I could definitely sit around and have about 10 (and then soak the labels off in some ammonia solution on the back porch while grilling and smoking a stogie), but that's how I like to spend my down time;) Apparently by the 2 gold medals won by Old Scratch in the last 2 years!! I'm not the only one that seems to like it.
Alcohol
content: 5.4% ABV
Original
Gravity: 1.053
IBU's: 22.5
Specialty
Malts: Malted White Wheat, Munich Malt, 120L Crystal
Hops: German Perle, Hallertau
Process: Fermented at medium temperatures to develop ale and lager characteristics

2004 Gold Medal Winner - Great American Beer Festival (Amber Lager Category)
2005 Gold Medal Winner - Great American Beer Festival (Amber Lager Category)