Feb 2, 2006

Our Tastes -- In Heat Wheat


In Heat Wheat is the next beer I'm trying. It is a German hefeweizen NOT a belgian wit. Now first off this brew has a great straw color, but for me lacks in the taste dept. The proper method of pouring up a wheat is to pour half way down the glass, tilt the bottle back up and swirl the wheat proteins at the bottomw then pour the remainder into the pint. I noticed this particular "protein shake" has a unique off flavor (and I've had more than one out of diff cases to make sure it wasn't skunked). Bottom line, it ain't no Shiner hefe. I had it without any citrus which is the way I prefer wheat beer and a wedge of lemon would change the profile all together, but overall, an okay beer to try IF you are buying the litter of pups
Alcohol content: 5.1% ABV
Original Gravity: 1.048
IBU's: 12
Specialty Malts: Malted White Wheat, Munich Malt
Hops: German Perle
Process: Unfiltered for added flavor