Jan 1, 2009

Our Tastes-- Dogfish Head Black & Blue


Black & Blue is a bit shocking and "almost sour at the beginning, ok not really I change my mind now, it like sparkles in your mouth", thank you Merry for that deep tasting. I will give it to her that she guessed raspberries are in it, now back to our regularly scheduled tasting.... I've poured it up in a cordial glass. Aroma is a faint wafting of fermented fruit with a settling lightly non-latticing thick off-white (almost a purplish hued) creamy head. The taste is a full mouth of berry and alcohol that smacks the sides of the tongue. (Hence the sparkle, Merry) The color is reminiscent of Wicked Merry Berry, which I just had a few minutes ago! Junk some are headed your way. One truly has to have some great beers made WITH fruit NOT extract in order to convey the true color. Made with black raspberries and blueberries, 10%abv and 290kcal/12er.