Oct 29, 2008

Our Tastes-- Red Hook Long Hammer IPA

I picked this little surprise up at Sea Side as well and it has quickly become one of the best "sweet" IPAs I've ever had. I must have bought a case worth of Long Hammer of this stuff during my vacation down there! It pours a creamy white head and aggressive yet balanced aroma. The pale color (brass) is a bit confusing because I would have expected more of a red hue but nonetheless awesome. It has a great mouth feel that explodes with hop variety on the aftertaste. This is listed as the "Go To" IPA. Made with 2-row Klages (?), Munich and Crystal malts then hopped with Northern Brewer, Willamette and dry-hopped with Cascade. Characteristics: 6.51%abv, 186 kcal/bottle, OG 1.05773, best Red Hook I've ever had, oh and by the way all of them are ales, meaning they are great styles to start with when homebrewing.