Oct 31, 2008

Our Tastes-- Terrapin Style IBA


Even though the 1st time I have had this beer before, specifically at the 2nd Annual Magic City Brewfest, I thought since this was the 11th hour and I needed to taste 4 more beers, that I would give Terrapin's latest India Brown Ale a good bloggin'. This beer since first tasting has been one of my absolute favorites. The complexity of this beer is phenomenal! Made with 7 malts (Pale Dark Munich, Victory, Special Roast, Crystal 60, Crystal 77, Chocolate) and 5 hops (Nugget, Chinook, Centennial, Willamette, Columbus (for Dry Hop). Now to the beer appeal itself, a deep reddish-brown with an extremely distinct well balanced hop and malt aroma. Lattice is amazing spider-like webbing (Halloween;) the mouthfeel is hop explosion from beginning to burn. Have some nice AL-worthy 6%abv bevvy.